Manufacturers Need The Right Skills Now
Now more than ever, productivity is critical to bottom-line success and global competitiveness for manufacturers large and small. In recent studies, companies report they cannot find individuals with the skills required for today’s advanced manufacturing workplaces. This challenge will only grow as the demographics of our workforce drive “boomer” retirements and replacement requirements. The technology infusion and high productivity that dominate the advanced manufacturing landscape demand a smart, safe and sustainable manufacturing workforce.
Developing a highly skilled workforce and talent pipeline can be one of the most important business innovations you can make today. You can’t afford to wait. You need the right people with the right skills in the right jobs — right now. You need the Right Skills Now for Manufacturing.
That’s why the National Institute for Metalworking Skills, The Manufacturing Institute, ACT, and the President’s Job Council have created the Right Skills Now program to bring just-in-time talent to manufacturers on a fast track.
A Rapid Ready Training Program
The Right Skills Now program accelerates foundational employability and technical skills training from months to weeks — getting skilled talent to the shop floor even faster. This allows manufacturers to:
- Reduce or eliminate time and effort wasted on unqualified or uninterested candidates
- Compare job candidates more equitably
- Validate whether a potential hire has both the book smarts and job skills needed for manufacturing jobs
- Reduce employee turnover
- Invest in a more qualified workforce to increase productivity and competitiveness
- Maintain consistent and regular HR practices through changing business climates